By RYAN GORMAN
Cleveland Cavaliers star LeBron James committed a no-no while taking a picture with the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.
The superstar put his arm around Kate while posing with her and Prince William Monday night during their visit to the Barclay's Center, in New York, where the Cavs were taking on the Brooklyn Nets.
The mishap happened after the game, which James and the Cavaliers won 110 - 81, when James met the royals and presented them with team jerseys to take back across the pond.
He stood beside the prince and duchess, resting his hand on the her shoulder. Protocol prohibits anyone from touching any members of the royal family in pictures.
The incident did not appear to concern the Duchess, she smiled in the picture and went on her way, and James is hardly the first American to commit the gaffe.
First lady Michelle Obama put her arm around Queen Elizabeth during a 2011 meeting, according to The Telegraph.
The royal couple's visit to Barclays concluded the second of a whirlwind three-day tour of New York and Washington, D.C.
William's trip saw him even ride a commuter airline from New York to the nation's capital and Kate spent part of Monday visiting schools in the New York.
The heir to the British throne and his wife raised a few eyebrows by carrying their own umbrellas in driving rain Tuesday morning while walking to the 9/11 Memorial in Lower Manhattan.
They signed the digital guest book "Catherine" and "William."
Information from the Associated Press was used in this article
Royalty collides: The Duke and Duchess hung courtside with Jay Z and Beyonce at Barclays Monday night
Prince William, Kate to visit Sept. 11 memorial
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Best Refinance Rates for Summer
- Are You A Homeowner? Turn Your Skyrocketing Equity Into Cash
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Sleepy French bulldog throws temper tantrum when mom says he needs …
- Nordstrom’s 4th of July sale is on — Here are over 25 of the best deal…
- Pack these 5 summer sandwiches in your picnic basket
- Latest mortgage news: Rates close in on 6%
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!