By JENNY DEPPER
NBC's live musical rendition of "Peter Pan" on Thursday was certainly entertaining, but it didn't exactly soar in the ratings department.
Only 9.1 million live viewers tuned in to see Allison Williams try her hand as the boy who doesn't want to grow up. While the number still is lofty compared to NBC's normal Thursday evening ratings, it was nowhere close to Carrie Underwood's live rendition of "The Sound of Music" in 2013.
Underwood brought the hills and NBC's ratings alive with the sound of music with a massive 18.6 million live viewers and a 4.6 rating. Williams was only able to finagle a 2.3 rating in the coveted 18-49 demographic.
Regardless, NBC seemed happy with the performance.
"We're very pleased with the Peter Pan ratings and it was a great night for NBC," Robert Greenblatt, chairman of NBC Entertainment, said in a statement. "We won every hour, which hasn't happened on Thursday with entertainment programming since a year ago. I'm proud to be part of a company that takes chances and creates big events, and that's exactly what we're going to continue to do."
The network will also continue their plan to bring live musicals to the television screen.
Earlier in the year NBC announced they will produce "Music Man Live" for 2015 and are reportedly eying "A Few Good Men" for a television play.
- Your Best Refinance Rates for April 2021
- Thank You For Your Service: $0 Down Payment on VA Loans
- Calculate Your New Refi Payment in Minutes. See if You Can Save
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- I bought 3 of Amazon’s most popular teddy pieces — here’s what I’m …
- Don’t miss the last chance to snag these 6 gorgeous sweaters for over …
- 80,000 Amazon ratings prove why people love these comfortable face mas…
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…