By JENNY DEPPER
It looks like Jamie Foxx still has moves!
The veteran thesp, 46, stars as Will Stacks aka "Daddy" Warbucks in the remake of the classic musical "Annie," and according to lead Quvenzhané Wallis he's pretty light on his feet.
"Our choreographer Zach Woodley and his assistant Brittany Parks were the best dancers because they're basically professionals ... but then Jamie is the best."
You can't blame the actor for being outdone by a couple of pros, but after viewing the flick ourselves, we have to agree that Foxx still has quite a bit of swagger.
And according to Wallis, that's what this new remake of "Annie" from producers Will Smith and Jay Z is all about. The 11-year-old star told AOL that while she loved the classic "Annie," she enjoyed their modern take.
"It was something that I really liked because it was more recent. Everybody was jamming with it," Wallis shared.
The precocious pre-teen has just as many smooth moves as Foxx. The Oscar nominee (yes, she's the same kiddo who picked up a nom for her role in "Beasts of the Southern Wild" in 2013) took up singing and dancing lessons in order to bring orphan Annie back to life.
The reception toward Wallis certainly is positive so far. Wallis, alongside director Will Gluck, recently surprised fans when they hopped on a flight to New York City and showed the entire plane a sneak premiere of their new film. During the premiere, sponsored by MasterCard and American Airlines as a MasterCard Priceless Surprises, plenty of passengers were applauding Wallis' expert singing and dancing.
And thankfully, Wallis says she'd like to sing and dance in a musical in the future too.
For more on "Annie" check out the exclusive clip above and tune into AOL Build on Monday at 11 a.m. EST.
- Are you a homeowner? Refinance rates at 2.06% APR.
- You've got thousands of reasons to refinance ($$$)
- Mortgage payoff tactic eliminates 15 years of payments
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Amazing friend makes postpartum ‘padsicles’ for new mom
- Laura Mercier’s eyeshadow sticks are great for minimal makeup wearers
- Saweetie just dropped the sickest sunglasses with Quay
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…