8 ways to sneak strawberries into your beauty routine
But, what you might not know is that these red beauties have more uses that just satisfying your sweets cravings during the warm weather months. Surprisingly, they're actually really useful for your body, skin and hair.
Healthy living expert, Dr. Ro, who is the author of Dr. Ro's Ten Secrets to Livin' Healthy stated that "Strawberries are rich in the antioxidant ellagic acid, which increases your skin's elasticity. What's more they are a good source of the B vitamin botin, need for healthy nails and hair." On top of these two great benefits, these red berries also are packed with Vitamin C, potassium, folic acid, fiber, AHA's (Alpha Hydroxy Acids)-perfect ingredients for everything from restoring dry skin to reversing the signs of aging.
1. Toner: Since strawberries are full of AHA's that help to exfoliate your skin, when used as a toner, they can help reduce oncoming acne and slow down the aging process. Use the juice of a handful of ripe strawberries (it's helpful to use a juicer for this process) and mix with 50 ml. of rose water. Keep this refrigerated and you'll be good to go for up to 10 days.
2. Tooth Whitener: This is the biggest cosmetic plus of eating strawberries. There's nothing to special to use strawberries as a tooth whitener-just rub their pulp on your teeth or eat away.
3. Foot polish: Strawberries make a great ingredient for an exfoliating scrub. Grab 6-8 mashed strawberries, some oats and several drops of glycerin. After making the scrub, soak your feet in warm water for about 10 minutes and scrub your healthy mixture in a circular motion. Follow up with a good foot cream and set.
4. Conditioner: Everyone loves a little shine in their locks-especially when it smells like these sweet fruits. Blend 7-8 strawberries with a tablespoon of mayonnaise to create a paste-like texture. You can apply this mixture to your scalp and comb through the rest of your hair. Cover up with a shower cap for 15-20 minutes and rinse/shampoo your hair as you normally would.
5. Anti-aging Mask: As stated before, the antioxidants that are inside of strawberries can help block the damage that free radicals cause which will, in turn, slow the aging process. To make this delicious mask, mix 1 teaspoon honey, 2 teaspoons cream and a couple ripe strawberries. Apply to your face and leave on for 20 minutes.
6. Acne Treatment: Since strawberries contain Vitamin C, AHAs, salicylic acid and flavonoids, these babies are an acne treatment in hiding. Mash 7-8 berries and mix with a tablespoon of milk. Apply to your face and keep it on for 10-12 minutes. Repeat 2x/week.
7. Body Scrub: If you love having a soft body, this scrub is perfect for you. Mash 10-12 of these scrumptious berries with a teaspoon of sugar and olive oil. Apply this scrub in a circular motion to polish your skin. Best part? It'll leave you super soft and smelling fruity.
8. Eye De-puffer: Sometimes we all have those days-you wake up in the morning with giant puffy eyes and you're in a panic. Please a few strawberries on your eyelids and take a chill pill for 10 mins. Then, follow with a moisturizer.
See more from Stylish in Sequins here!