Darren Wilson's grand jury testimony reveals fear Michael Brown would kill him

Photos Show Officer Darren Wilson After Shooting
Photos Show Officer Darren Wilson After Shooting


Ferguson Police Officer Darren Wilson told the grand jury that ultimately absolved him of blame in the shooting death of Michael Brown that the teen looked like a "demon" in the seconds before the fatal shots.

Wilson told a St. Louis County grand jury that he had no choice but to shoot the hulking teen because he feared for his life, that he had never before seen such aggression directed towards a police officer.

"I felt like a five-year-old holding on to Hulk Hogan," Wilson testified, according to the transcript released by the St. Louis County Prosecuting Attorney's Office shortly after the grand jury's findings were announced Monday night.

The testimony, revealed in court documents obtained by AOL News, offers the first look into Wilson's mind during his encounter with Brown, an unarmed black teenager.

Radio calls saying two teens had stolen a box of cigarillos from a nearby convenience store included descriptions that allowed Wilson to easily identify them as they walked down the middle of the street.

The cop claims he first encountered both teens while asking them to walk on the sidewalk.

"F**k what you have to say," Wilson recalled Brown telling him before walking away.

Wilson pursued Brown at a slow rate of speed from his squad car. An attempt to exit the vehicle was met by Brown slamming the door shot, said the cop.

"What the f**k are you going to do about it? Brown said, according to Wilson. "I then looked at him and told him to get back and he was just staring at me, almost like to intimidate me.

"The intense face he had was just not what I expected from any of this."

Wilson ordered the teen back, tried to exit the vehicle and again Brown slammed the door shut, he testified.

Brown then punched Wilson twice in the head, the officer testified, adding that he felt a third hit could end his life.

"I felt that another one of those punches in my face could knock me out or worse ... the third one could be fatal if he hit me right," said Wilson.

The officer also explained that he had no taser because he never carried one and was unable to reach other weapons including pepper spray and a night stick. He had no choice but to use his gun.

Wilson drew his weapon and said he'd shoot if the teen did not back off.

Brown mocked him, saying "you are too much of a p***y to shoot me," Wilson testified.

The 18-year-old then grabbed the gun and twisted it down towards Wilson's leg. A struggle ensued, but Wilson was eventually able to wriggle the pistol free and fire one shot at Brown.

Brown then stepped back, but then "had the most intense aggressive face ... it looks like a demon, that's how angry he looked," said Wilson.

The teen then came at and struck Wilson again, the officer testified. Wilson fired another shot.

Wilson claims the teen then ran away and he called for back up as he emerged from the car in pursuit. It was later revealed those calls never were received by police.

The cop remembers ordering Brown to the ground, but Brown instead made "a grunting, like aggravated sound ... [then] he's coming back towards me.

"His right [hand] goes under his shirt in his waistband and he starts running at me," Wilson continued. "I tell, keep telling him to get on the ground, he doesn't.

"I shot a series of shots," said Wilson. "I don't know how many I shot, I just know I shot it."

Wilson admits missing multiple shots, but kept firing as the bullets that did hit Brown appeared to only further enrage him.

"It looked like he was almost bulking up to run through the shots, like it was making him mad that I'm shooting him," Wilson told the grand jury. "The face he had was looking straight through me, like I wasn't even there."

Wilson claims he repeatedly ordered Wilson onto the ground while backpedaling, but the teen then leaned forward and began charging even harder.

The cop insisted he had no choice but to again shoot Brown. This time he struck the teen in the head.

"The demeanor on his face went blank, the aggression was gone," Wilson recalled. Brown dropped dead in the middle of the street.

Pictures taken during a subsequent hospital visit showed Wilson had swelling on his face and scratches along his forehead and neck.

Wilson claimed he had no choice but to shoot Brown dead. The grand jury agreed with him.

The police officer will not face a murder trial, but he also will reportedly not be on the force much longer.

Darren Wilson Not Indicted In Shooting Death Of Michael Brown
Darren Wilson Not Indicted In Shooting Death Of Michael Brown