By RYAN GORMAN
The police officer who fatally shot unarmed black teen Michael Brown was recently married.
Ferguson cop Darren Wilson, 28, married fellow officer Karen Spradling, 37, on October 24, according to a marriage license uncovered by the New York Times.
The pair has lived together for years in a house they bought about half an hour from Ferguson, according to reports, but were wed in a civil ceremony only steps from the courthouse where a grand jury is deliberating Wilson's murder case.
Wilson has been persona non grata since shooting the 18-year-old Brown dead back in August. The couple has reportedly fled their home while Wilson remains on paid administrative leave.
Of the wedding's two witnesses, one was Greg Kloeppel, Darren Wilson's lawyer.
Officials who spoke with the Times were surprised Wilson was married there instead of someplace else, even Las Vegas, due to the lack of privacy he has in the area.
Both have been previously married, the Times reported. They also have each received commendations from the Ferguson Police Department.
It is not clear if Spradling is still on duty with the force, and an AOL News attempt to reach a Ferguson police spokesperson for further information was not successful.
The grand jury deciding whether to take Wilson to trial is expected to announce its findings at any moment.
- Latest mortgage news: Rates pushing toward 7%
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Use The Equity In Your Home To Get The Cash You Need
- More than 12,000 Amazon shoppers swear by Crockpot’s electric lunch…
- These $22 packing cubes are how I get away with only bringing a carry-…
- Parents built their toddler a mini elevator for his jungle gym
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!