By RYAN GORMAN
The police officer who fatally shot unarmed black teen Michael Brown was recently married.
Ferguson cop Darren Wilson, 28, married fellow officer Karen Spradling, 37, on October 24, according to a marriage license uncovered by the New York Times.
The pair has lived together for years in a house they bought about half an hour from Ferguson, according to reports, but were wed in a civil ceremony only steps from the courthouse where a grand jury is deliberating Wilson's murder case.
Wilson has been persona non grata since shooting the 18-year-old Brown dead back in August. The couple has reportedly fled their home while Wilson remains on paid administrative leave.
Of the wedding's two witnesses, one was Greg Kloeppel, Darren Wilson's lawyer.
Officials who spoke with the Times were surprised Wilson was married there instead of someplace else, even Las Vegas, due to the lack of privacy he has in the area.
Both have been previously married, the Times reported. They also have each received commendations from the Ferguson Police Department.
It is not clear if Spradling is still on duty with the force, and an AOL News attempt to reach a Ferguson police spokesperson for further information was not successful.
The grand jury deciding whether to take Wilson to trial is expected to announce its findings at any moment.
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Calculate your new refi payment in minutes. See if you can save
- Lock in a 2.06% APR Refi Rate Before The Fed Meets
- A Simple Way to Pay Off Your House ASAP
- 7 of the best cooler bags you won’t mind schlepping to your next ou…
- Girls That Scuba builds community underwater: ‘We’re in it together’
- Instagram says you need a Brandon Blackwood bag this summer — and now,…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!