Boy claims 'magnetic powers' after freak accident
A boy who was electrocuted claims he is now a human magnet with powers similar to "X-Men" villain Magneto.
As reported by the Daily Mail, 12-year-old Nikolai Kryaglyachenko was nearly killed when he leaned against a live metal lamp post in Russia. Apparently there was a faulty wire inside, and when Nikolai touched it, he was sent flying across the pavement. He says the incident has changed his life.
"I can do things I couldn't do before," he told the Daily Mail. "But I don't have a lot of control over it. Even when I do not want to do it, I still attract things. Once I even attracted a glass -- it just moved towards me."
Because of his new alleged "superpowers," Nikolai has become one of the most popular kids at his school.
It appears he is not the only boy to claim to be magnetized. There have been a number of children claiming to be magnetic recently including a 6-year-old Croatian boy, and an 11-year-old Brazilian boy.
According to NBC News (and science), it's all a sham.
The news organization reported, "The explanation is that kids are particularly good at attaching things to their bodies, because you have one smooth, sticky surface (hairless skin, with a slight sheen of sweat) adhering to another smooth surface."
That's why these stories always involve smooth metallic or glass objects. You never see objects like steel wool.
No need to worry about these magnetized kids taking over the world.
More to see:
Kate Middleton welcomes very special guests to palace
Michael Phelps' reported girlfriend drops bombshell
Knowles spills Solange wedding details -- and how Beyonce saved the day!