AOL Lifestyle Rules
NO PURCHASE REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ODDS OF WINNING WILL DEPEND ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The AOL Lifestyle Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is open only to individuals who are legal residents of the 50 United States (including the District of Columbia) and are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. In order to be eligible to enter, you must have a smartphone prior to the start of the Entry Period (defined below). AOL Inc. and each of its respective advertising or promotion agencies, those involved in the production, development, implementation or handling of the Sweepstakes, any agents acting for, or on behalf of the above entities, their respective parent companies, members, officers, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, service providers, prize suppliers any other person or entity associated with the Sweepstakes (collectively, "Sweepstakes Entities") and/or directors, employees, officers, each of their immediate family (spouse, parents, legal guardians, in-laws, grandparents, grandchildren, siblings and children) and household members (whether legally related or not) of each such employee, are not eligible. All applicable U.S., federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law.
2. SPONSOR: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by AOL Inc., 770 Broadway, New York, NY 10003 ("Sponsor").
3. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these "Official Rules" and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. ENTRY PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00 am ET on November 21, 2014 and ends at 5:00 pm ET on November 25, 2014 (the "Entry Period").
5. ENTRY: To enter the Sweepstakes, take a photo of yourself showing off your personal style and send to the @AOLLifestyle Snapchat account via the Snapchat mobile application. You may be charged data rates according to the Terms and Conditions of your Service Agreement with your wireless carrier. Each wireless carrier's rate plan may vary, and participants should contact their wireless carrier for information on rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Sweepstakes. Mobile and wireless service is offered on an 'as is' basis, may not be available in all areas at all times, and may not continue to work in the event of product, software, coverage or other service changes made by your wireless carrier. Your wireless service carrier may change or discontinue your service, may charge you additional amounts at any time by giving you prior notice and/or it may discontinue service if you disagree to additional charges.
Limit one (1) entry per person per 24 hours. The use of any agencies or automated software to submit entries will void all entries submitted by that person. Subsequent attempts made by the same individual to submit multiple entries by using multiple or false contact information or otherwise may be disqualified. Entries that are in excess of the stated limits, incomplete, illegible, corrupted, damaged, destroyed, forged, false, lost, late or misdirected, deceptive or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules may be disqualified from the Sweepstakes at Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion. For purposes of this Sweepstakes, an online entry is "received" when the application's servers record the entry information. Proof of sending (such as an automated computer receipt confirming entry or "thanks for entering" message) does not constitute proof of actual receipt of an entry for purposes of this Sweepstakes.
Entries becomes the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Entry must be the original work of the entrant and must be owned by the entrant. The Entry must not have been submitted in any other competition or previously published. Modifying, enhancing or altering a third party's pre-existing design/work does not qualify as entrant's original creation. Entry must be in keeping with Sponsor's image and may not be offensive, as determined by judges in their sole discretion, nor can it defame or invade publicity rights or privacy rights of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person's personal or proprietary rights. By entering, you agree that you have obtained permission from the person seen in your entry. Entries are subject to Sponsor's Terms of Service (http://legal.aol.com/TOS/).
6. DRAWING/ODDS: At the conclusion of the Entry Period, Sponsor will select one (1) potential winner in a random drawing of all eligible entries received during the Entry Period. Decisions of the Sponsor as to the selection of the winner will be final. The odds of being selected as a potential winner depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period.
7. REQUIREMENTS OF THE POTENTIAL WINNER: Entrant who is notified that his/her entry was selected in the random drawing is a Potential Winner. A Potential Winner is not a winner until he/she has returned all required documentation and eligibility has been verified by Sponsor. Potential winner must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Except where prohibited, the potential winner will be required to sign and return to Sponsor, within a specified time frame to be determined by Sponsor, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release and W-9 form in order to claim her Prize. Failure to return documents as specified, or if prize notification is returned as undeliverable, will result in the entrant being disqualified, and the prize may be awarded to a potential alternate winner. Acceptance of a prize constitutes consent to use winner's name and likeness for editorial, advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law.
8. PRIZE: One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive a $500 Nordstrom gift card (subject to issuer's terms and conditions). No cash or other substitution may be made, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. The winner is responsible for any federal, state and local taxes and fees associated with receipt or use of a prize.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to, fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prize at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Sweepstakes by any event beyond its control, including, but not limited to, fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, communications or equipment failure, utility or service interruptions, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared), interference with the Sweepstakes by any party, or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor's control Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes. The Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In case of a dispute as to the identity of an entry, entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the Snapchat account from which the entry is made. Winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized Snapchat account holder. In the event a dispute regarding the identity of the individual who actually submitted an entry cannot be resolved to Sponsor's satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible.
10. RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to indemnify, release, discharge, and hold harmless each of the Sweepstakes Entities and Snapchat from and against any claims, liability, costs, losses, damages or injuries of any kind arising, or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage (including death) to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt, use or misuse of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Sweepstakes Entities' liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Sweepstakes Entities be liable for attorney's fees. Under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby knowingly and expressly waives all rights to seek, punitive, incidental, consequential or special damages, lost profits and/or any other damages. Entrants' remedies are limited to a claim for money damages (if any) and entrant irrevocably waives any right to seek injunctive or equitable relief. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitations of exclusion of liability, so the above may not apply to you.
Entries must be 100% your original work, and must not contain any third party material or content (including but not limited to photographs, film or video clips, music, or any other copyrighted content) for which you have not been granted specific written permission for this use by the copyright holder. You agree to provide Sponsor with written proof of this permission within three business days, upon Sponsor's request, whether by phone, mail, or email. You grant to the Sponsor and their designees the irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, edit, market, store, distribute, have distributed, publicly and privately display, communicate, publicly and privately perform, transmit, have transmitted, create derivative works based upon, and promote your Entry in connection with the Sweepstakes. In addition, the Sponsor shall have the right to reproduce and distribute your Entry for promotional purposes in broadcast, print and or other media as the Sponsor may determine in their sole discretion. You retain ownership of all right, title, and interest in and to your Entry. You agree that the Sponsor owns all right, title, and interest in any compilation, collective work, or other derivative work created by the Sponsor using or incorporating your Entry. You hereby grant to the Sponsor the right to edit your Entry, in whole or in part. In addition, you hereby grant to the Sponsor and their designees the right to use any edited Entry without your approval and waive any right to inspect or approve uses of the Entry prior to or following publication and any right to compensation for the Entry.
11. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the Commonwealth of Virginia. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant's rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsors in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Virginia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Virginia.
12. SWEEPSTAKES RESULTS: To request the name of the winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to AOL Lifestyle Snapchat Sweepstakes, c/o AOL, 670 Broadway, Rm 4A:C57, New York, NY 10012. Winner's List requests must be received by January 31, 2015.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Snapchat