By RYAN GORMAN
The federal agents safeguarding America's airports commonly make unusual discoveries, some with the potential to cause significant damage in the wrong hands, others just toys.
TSA baggage inspectors often confiscate weapons and toys that look like weapons, out of an abundance of caution, but they seldom see the light of day. Many are now on display at a new exhibit in New York.
From a blood spattered toy chainsaw, a "credit card knife" and a bizarre contraption that includes a hand grenade to nunchakus, a Chinese star and several collections of knives, axes, and firearms, the JFK Airport exhibit is meant to remind the public not to travel with weapons during the holidays.
A ship anchor, meat cleaver, bottle openers, scissors, box cutters and fake grenades and ammunition were also taken from passengers by inspectors.
Not all items confiscated were necessarily weapons.
A large can of masonry waterproofer, bug spray, bleach and even grout sealer were also found in passenger's bags.
All passengers are reminded to check their bags thoroughly before setting off for the nation's airports.
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Calculate your new refi payment in minutes. See if you can save
- Lock in a 2.06% APR Refi Rate Before The Fed Meets
- A Simple Way to Pay Off Your House ASAP
- Make baked tofu and baby bok choy stir fry to enrich your toddler’s…
- How to pan sear a steak to perfection
- Surprise! Abercrombie has some of the cutest swimwear of the season
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!