Eating disorders do not just affect female teenagers. Eating disorders happen to people of all ages, sizes, and genders.
More and more often middle-aged women who are professionals and mothers are dealing with it. Low self esteem, perfectionist tendencies, and other aging anxieties are believed to trigger eating disorders among women in this age category.
De-stigmatizing the disease will help those at risk. The more awareness there is, the easier it is to provide and seek help.
More on AOL:
- Grab these Sur La Table 4th of July deals before they’re gone — pri…
- Celebrate the 4th of July with these bold red, white and blue snack bo…
- Make your Pride party extra colorful this year with these themed cockt…
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Hilarious Kid Answers To Test Questions
- These Cake Messages Are Wrong In So Many Ways
- These Pregnancy Announcements Are Brilliantly Hilarious
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Best Refinance Rates for Summer
- Are You A Homeowner? Turn Your Skyrocketing Equity Into Cash
- Latest mortgage news: Rates close in on 6%
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise