By KELSEY DRISCOLL
Temperatures around most of the country are dropping, so grab a warm drink, curl up in a blanket and take a look back at the past week in photos.
While America was focused on Kim Kardashian breaking the internet with racy new bare-butt pics, sumo fans got a glimpse of someone else's behind - wrestler Toyohibiki, of Japan. A photographer for the Kyodo news captured the moment when Toyohibiki was thrown to the ground by Hakuho, of Mongolia, during a match on Thursday. Hakuho won the match to remain undefeated in the Kyushu Grand Sumo Tournament, which takes place in Western Japan and begins annually on the second Sunday in November.
In more serious news, several days of remembrance occurred around the world this week, including Veterans Day, Armistice Day and Remembrance Day. These somber memorial days were all observed on November 11th in honor of the agreement and subsequent ceasefire that ended World War I. In the Philippines, citizens gathered on November 8th to commemorate the first anniversary of Typhoon Haiyan, the deadliest Philippine typhoon on record, and from November 7th to 9th, Germans celebrated the 25th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall.
As has been the case for the past several weeks, many photos in our gallery came from protests that continue to occur across the globe. In Australia, residents rallied over climate change and related topics in preparation for this weekend's G20 summit in Brisbane. In both France and Israel, protestors gathered to bring attention to incidents of police brutality. Demonstrators with the pro-democracy movement in Hong Kong continue to occupy the city's streets as the protest stretches into its third month.
Many troubling yet moving photos continue to surface from the ongoing Ebola epidemic in western Africa and from the lives of Syrian refugees fleeing to Turkey to escape assaults by ISIS extremists. A particularly frightening photo in this week's roundup comes from One World Trade Center in New York City after two window washers were trapped in a scaffold dangling 69 stories in the air after an equipment malfunction.
Click through the slideshow above to see photos from all these events and more, and make sure to check back next week for our selection of the best photos from the next few days.
- Latest mortgage news: 30-year rate edges up again
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Smart Ways To Pay for a Home Renovation
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Don't Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Can’t afford the Dyson Airwrap? Amazon shoppers say these $23 hot r…
- This gardening tool lets you weed your yard without bending over — gra…
- Nordstrom shoppers are raving about how well these white pants fit: ‘I…
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!