By KELSEY DRISCOLL
Temperatures around most of the country are dropping, so grab a warm drink, curl up in a blanket and take a look back at the past week in photos.
While America was focused on Kim Kardashian breaking the internet with racy new bare-butt pics, sumo fans got a glimpse of someone else's behind - wrestler Toyohibiki, of Japan. A photographer for the Kyodo news captured the moment when Toyohibiki was thrown to the ground by Hakuho, of Mongolia, during a match on Thursday. Hakuho won the match to remain undefeated in the Kyushu Grand Sumo Tournament, which takes place in Western Japan and begins annually on the second Sunday in November.
In more serious news, several days of remembrance occurred around the world this week, including Veterans Day, Armistice Day and Remembrance Day. These somber memorial days were all observed on November 11th in honor of the agreement and subsequent ceasefire that ended World War I. In the Philippines, citizens gathered on November 8th to commemorate the first anniversary of Typhoon Haiyan, the deadliest Philippine typhoon on record, and from November 7th to 9th, Germans celebrated the 25th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall.
As has been the case for the past several weeks, many photos in our gallery came from protests that continue to occur across the globe. In Australia, residents rallied over climate change and related topics in preparation for this weekend's G20 summit in Brisbane. In both France and Israel, protestors gathered to bring attention to incidents of police brutality. Demonstrators with the pro-democracy movement in Hong Kong continue to occupy the city's streets as the protest stretches into its third month.
Many troubling yet moving photos continue to surface from the ongoing Ebola epidemic in western Africa and from the lives of Syrian refugees fleeing to Turkey to escape assaults by ISIS extremists. A particularly frightening photo in this week's roundup comes from One World Trade Center in New York City after two window washers were trapped in a scaffold dangling 69 stories in the air after an equipment malfunction.
Click through the slideshow above to see photos from all these events and more, and make sure to check back next week for our selection of the best photos from the next few days.
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Are you a homeowner? Refinance rates at 2.06% APR.
- Experts Recommend to Refi Before Rates Keep Rising
- Get Funds For Your Future With A Reverse Mortgage
- Nikki and Brie Bella share their must-have mom gear ahead of Mother…
- There are so many cute tie-dye joggers on sale for cheap at Nordstrom …
- These geometric wine glasses will make even Trader Joe’s wine feel fan…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!