Goodbye, 106 & Park.
BET announced Friday its plans to shutter music variety show 106 & Park after a 14-year run.
The show, currently hosted by Bow Wow and Keshia Chanté, will have its final daily on-air show on December 19, 2014.
BET confirmed the news via Twitter and also released a press release about their plans for the longtime brand.
"The 106 & Park brand remains strong and will continue to produce various specials throughout the year, including its annual New Year's Eve show, 106 & Party, along with live event experiences at the BET Awards and BET Experience," according to the press release. "In 2015, 106 & Park looks forward to continuing its reign as the hottest hangout on one of the coolest digital platforms, BET.com."
While the show will continue in a digital-only format, fans reacted strongly on Twitter. Some were sad to hear the news, while a large majority agreed that the show should have called it quits after initial hosts A. J. Calloway and Marie "Free" Wright left in 2005.
During its impressive run, the show hosted dozens of guests from First Lady Michelle Obama to musicians like Jennifer Lopez and T.I., Janet Jackson and more.
Neither of the show's current hosts commented on Twitter at the time of this posting.
- Can You Refinance With $0 Out of Pocket?
- Need Cash? Take Money Out of Your Home
- Smart Ways To Pay for a Home Renovation
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Nordstrom shoppers are raving about how well these white pants fit:…
- 17 best makeup products that won’t budge in warm summer months
- This gardening tool lets you weed your yard without bending over
- Latest mortgage news: 30-year rate hits pause — but still near 13-y…
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise