A man sent his ex-girlfriend a message in the mail ... in the form of baby chicks. It was supposed to be a pun, but she certainly didn't find it funny.
As FOX NEWS put it, "She must have ruffled his feathers. A D.C. woman [got] fifteen baby chicks in the mail from her ex-boyfriend."
The Fox News pun actually wasn't what we were talking about, though. The message that came with the chickens reportedly said something like this: "There are plenty of other chicks out there."
We'd laugh if it didn't involve the welfare of baby animals. Not cool.
The D.C. woman wouldn't take the chicks, and they ultimately ended up at Maryland's Poplar Spring Animal Sanctuary. The woman apparently threatened to throw away the chicks if they were left with her. Yikes.
KAPP chimed in on the story: "The couple might be broken up, but these cute little guys are doing just fine. ... What a jerk, she's better off without him."
Although the ex-boyfriend's move was certainly odd, he didn't actually do anything illegal. The U.S. Postal Service says poultry can be shipped if it's at least a day old -- although we're not recommending it.
One of the chicks had an injured leg, but all fifteen seem to be in good health overall.
Also on AOL:
Dillard's pulls controversial 'Dear Santa' sign
Man blames Delta Airlines for losing his dog
Pregnant panhandler drives off in Mercedes-Benz
- Your Best Refinance Rates for January 2022
- Mortgage Payoff Tactic Eliminates 15 Years of Payments
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Latest mortgage news: Rates jump to their highest since April 2020
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- This weekend only, leggings are buy one get one free at Yummie
- Cozy tea recipes that are peak winter aesthetic
- 5 pistachio recipes where they’re the star ingredient
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap