Today, November 13th, marks the tenth annual Guinness World Records Day, when thousands of people around the world celebrate those who set records and others set out to break them.
One record that's already been broken today is the farthest backwards basketball shot. Thunder from Harlem Globetrotters shattered the record of 72'2" feet by successfully nailing a shot from ten feet further away.
Another record that was broken was for the fastest hundred meter dash on all-fours. The record was set last year by Japanese athlete Kenichi Ito with a time just under 17 seconds. This year, he attempted to break that record, however, he had some competition.
Katsumi Tamakoshi broke Ito's record by more than a second. The new record stands at 15.86 seconds.
Amazing Guinness Book world records set in recent years:
One famous morning show host is trying to take his place in the record books. The Today Show's Al Roker is attempting to break the record for longest weather broadcast while raising money for the USO. He aims to go 34 straight hours with only a five minute break every hour.
He said shortly after ten hours, "Somebody talk to me! What am I doing?"
In celebration of Guinness World Records Day and the 60th anniversary of the book, the world's tallest man, Sultan Kosen (8'1"), met the world's shortest man, Chandra Dangi (21.5"). If there was a record for the most bizarre meet-and-greets, this one would probably take it.
To see more records that are being attempted in real time, head over to guinnessworldrecords.com
More from AOL
Duck Dynasty' musical is coming to Las Vegas
Urban Outfitters re-launches Hillary Clinton nutcracker
Joaquin Phoenix gets candid about growing up in the Children of God cult
The Latest from our Partners
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Refinance rates at 2.125% APR (15yr). Calculate your rate now
- A simple way to pay off your house ASAP
- Experts urge Americans to refinance in 2021
- 4,800 Amazon shoppers swear by Bissell’s high-pressure surface clea…
- This sustainable skincare brand makes healthy products for you and the…
- DSW is offering up to 40 percent off on dozens of sneakers, with deals…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $726k (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Two Savings Accounts That Pay 10x What Your Bank Pays
- CD Rates Skyrocket
- What Most Americans Don't Realize About Car Insurance