By CHELSEA HUANG
Well, this isn't unfortunate at all!
Netflix is adapting the popular young adult book series "A Series of Unfortunate Events" into an original series.
The video streaming service has acquired the rights to the 13-book series written by Lemony Snicket (the pen name of author Daniel Handler), according to The Hollywood Reporter.
"On the search for fantastic material that appeals to both parents and kids, the first stop for generations of readers is 'A Series of Unfortunate Events,'" Cindy Holland, VP of original content for Netflix, said. "The world created by Lemony Snicket is unique, darkly funny, and relatable. We can't wait to bring it to life for Netflix members."
The production will be in association with Paramount Television, according to Variety. Paramount previously produced the successful 2004 movie "Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events" based on the book series that starred Jim Carrey, Meryl Streep and Jude Law.
"I can't believe it," Snicket said with his signature dry humor. "After years of providing top-quality entertainment on demand, Netflix is risking its reputation and its success by associating itself with my dismaying and upsetting books."
As "unfortunate" as the series may be, alongside successful originals like "House of Cards" and "Orange is the New Black," the Netflix adaptation is bound to be a delight.
More on AOL.com
'Ghostbusters' cast reunites 30 years later!
Scandal under fire for being too scandalous
'Orange Is the New Black' star Lea DeLaria shuts down subway preacher
Robert Downey Jr. and wife Susan welcome baby girl
- Are you a homeowner? Refinance rates at 2.06% APR.
- You've got thousands of reasons to refinance ($$$)
- Mortgage payoff tactic eliminates 15 years of payments
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- I bought 3 of Amazon’s most popular teddy pieces — here’s what I’m …
- Don’t miss the last chance to snag these 6 gorgeous sweaters for over …
- 80,000 Amazon ratings prove why people love these comfortable face mas…
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…