By RYAN GORMAN
The Weather Channel has reaffirmed its belief that global warming is a result of human events after the cable network's co-founder told Fox News it is a myth.
The network doubled down on its position in a statement Wednesday only days after John Coleman, who helped start the widely-popular channel, made his remarks.
"The climate of the earth is indeed warming, with an increase of approximately 1 - 1 ½ degrees Fahrenheit in the past century," the channel said in an official "position statement."
Climatologists "nearly unanimously [agree] the majority of the warming" has been the "result of human activities," the statement continued.
Coleman left the channel after helping to get it off the ground in the previous few years, according to WAGT.
He insisted to Fox News' Megyn Kelly on Monday that he is right, that climate change is a farce.
"A climate skeptic can rarely get on TV ever since Al Gore made it a plank of the Democratic Party," he told Kelly. "It's a tough go for people who don't believe in climate change," he added, positioning himself as a victim.
This is not the first time he has argued against Gore's "Inconvenient Truth."
Coleman wrote in 2007 that global warming is "a manufactured crisis and a total scam."
The climate change denier has worked as a weatherman at a number of local affiliates in the decades since leaving the Weather Channel.
He retired from San Diego television station KUSI only a few months ago.
Sam Champion, recently signed away from ABC News to be the face of the Weather Channel, is a firm believer in climate change.
He told former "World News" anchor Diane Sawyer in 2012: "Now is the time that we start eliminating manmade greenhouse gasses" if mankind is to stem the effects of global warming.
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Are you a homeowner? Refinance rates at 2.06% APR.
- You've got thousands of reasons to refinance ($$$)
- Mortgage payoff tactic eliminates 15 years of payments
- I bought 3 of Amazon’s most popular teddy pieces — here’s what I’m …
- Don’t miss the last chance to snag these 6 gorgeous sweaters for over …
- 80,000 Amazon ratings prove why people love these comfortable face mas…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!