By RYAN GORMAN
The Weather Channel has reaffirmed its belief that global warming is a result of human events after the cable network's co-founder told Fox News it is a myth.
The network doubled down on its position in a statement Wednesday only days after John Coleman, who helped start the widely-popular channel, made his remarks.
"The climate of the earth is indeed warming, with an increase of approximately 1 - 1 ½ degrees Fahrenheit in the past century," the channel said in an official "position statement."
Climatologists "nearly unanimously [agree] the majority of the warming" has been the "result of human activities," the statement continued.
Coleman left the channel after helping to get it off the ground in the previous few years, according to WAGT.
He insisted to Fox News' Megyn Kelly on Monday that he is right, that climate change is a farce.
"A climate skeptic can rarely get on TV ever since Al Gore made it a plank of the Democratic Party," he told Kelly. "It's a tough go for people who don't believe in climate change," he added, positioning himself as a victim.
This is not the first time he has argued against Gore's "Inconvenient Truth."
Coleman wrote in 2007 that global warming is "a manufactured crisis and a total scam."
The climate change denier has worked as a weatherman at a number of local affiliates in the decades since leaving the Weather Channel.
He retired from San Diego television station KUSI only a few months ago.
Sam Champion, recently signed away from ABC News to be the face of the Weather Channel, is a firm believer in climate change.
He told former "World News" anchor Diane Sawyer in 2012: "Now is the time that we start eliminating manmade greenhouse gasses" if mankind is to stem the effects of global warming.
- Latest mortgage news: After flirting with 6%, rates retreat
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Need Cash? How to Access Your Home's Equity
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- ‘To the boy who doesn’t let anything get him down’: Mom honors Disa…
- Nordstrom shoppers are raving about how well these white pants fit: ‘I…
- These are the 25 fashion and beauty deals you don’t want to miss at Am…
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!