Please turn off all your devices before the movie starts - especially the camera mounted to your face.
The Motion Picture Association of America, along with the National Association of Theater Owners, have extended their ban on cameras in theaters to those you might wear, such as Google Glass.
The announcement doesn't call out Glass in particular, but a number of headlines have - likely thanks to Glass being one of the first arrivals in the wearable field.
But this ban isn't surprising many people in the tech press - really, some writers seem more surprised anyone would want to use a wearable camera such as Glass for this in the first place.
TechCrunch writes "If someone is the type of person who will strap a computer to their face, they're probably also the type of person who knows of easier/better ways to pirate movies than recording a shaky, crap-resolution copy on Google Glass."
After all, Glass' default recording time is 10 seconds, and Digital Trends details experiments that show a 30-minute take would drain the battery.
Though that's for now, anyway. Slashgear points out "As the camera and battery life technology improves, piracy will become an issue."
But the film business doesn't appear worried about the practicalities.
9to5 Google reports Comic-Con banned Glass and devices like it during this year's screenings and panels to protect rights holders.
Variety reported earlier this year on one extreme example, where an AMC Theaters patron wearing prescription Glass wound up talking to homeland security for three hours because he was suspected of recording.
Unauthorized recording - regardless of the device used - is even punishable by fines and prison time under U.S. law - as much as three years. It's probably best to just leave the face-cameras at home.
More from AOL
N. Korea cracking down on a distant threat: Ebola
Lohan cancels two performances in London
'Late Show:' Jim Carrey does his hilarious Matthew McConaughey impression
- Latest mortgage news: 30-year rate hits pause — but still near 13-y…
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Can You Refinance With $0 Out of Pocket?
- Need Cash? Take Money Out of Your Home
- Smart Ways To Pay for a Home Renovation
- The Amazon best-selling HyperChiller chills drinks in 60 seconds or…
- Professional coffee roaster explains why lukewarm coffee tastes ‘disgu…
- Shoppers have dubbed Madewell’s vintage tee ‘the T-shirt to end all T-…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!