A 2010 earthquake in Yushu, China, killed thousands and left hundreds of thousands more homeless. It was one of the worst natural disasters in recent Chinese history. The Chinese Government expensed millions of dollars to rebuild the city from the ground up. However, the reconstruction process hasn't been without its problems. Unfinished monasteries have left hundreds of monks and nuns homeless, forcing them to live in tents. Tensions have also risen amongst different minority and majority groups in the city. The slow progress of reconstruction must be addressed before problems escalate.
Will there ever be a free Tibet?
- Latest mortgage news: After flirting with 6%, rates keep retreating
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Need Cash? How to Access Your Home's Equity
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- The best viral TikTok beauty products of 2022 to buy on Amazon ahea…
- Amazon Alexa’s hysterical response to child’s question caught on camer…
- Thousands of Amazon shoppers swear by these cooling sheets to sleep mo…
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!