Giant sharks living in the cold waters near Greenland? Seems a little strange doesn't it?
But, in reality one of the ocean's largest sharks lives here. Nicknamed the sleeper shark, Greenland sharks are very slow moving and mostly blind. The Greenland sharks are second in size only to the massive great white shark. They can be more than 20 feet long and weigh up to 2,500 pounds.
The shark is an opportunistic feeder, eating just about anything that falls off the ice from reindeer to polar bears. They're the only sharks that can bear frigid arctic temperatures year round.
But, scientists say they may actually live beyond the cold waters of Iceland, Greenland and Canada. Anywhere on earth that's cold enough and deep enough.
- Are You A Homeowner? Turn Your Equity Into Cash
- Refinance And Have More Cash Each Month
- Unlock Your Exclusive Refi Rates Now
- Latest mortgage news: Rates retreat a bit
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Honey cake is the sweetest treat taking over TikTok
- Diver gets hilarious surprise when he cracks an egg at the ‘bottom of …
- 10 great kitchen items that are on sale this weekend (so get them ASAP…
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap