It's been 15 years since Haley Joel Osment uttered the words, "I see dead people" in "The Sixth Sense," and earned himself an Oscar nod.
But it seems like the former child star is officially ready to put his breakout role behind him.
The longtime thespian, now 26, is making his big screen comeback in a very adult role, which will show off his mature side and comic chops.
Osment is set to star in "Sex Ed," where he'll play Eddie, a hopeful teacher who has no romantic experience, but lands his first gig at an inner-city middle school teaching kids about sex ed.
The film is a lighthearted look at Eddie's life as he maneuvers his first job and earnestly learns about the trials and tribulations of love and lust. The zany comedy also stars comedy veterans Abby Elliott and Laura Harring.
"Sex Ed" hits theaters November 7.
For more on Joel Osment's big return to the spotlight, tune in above for his AOL BUILD interview Monday at 3 p.m. EST.
- Your Best Refinance Rates for April 2021
- Thank You For Your Service: $0 Down Payment on VA Loans
- Calculate Your New Refi Payment in Minutes. See if You Can Save
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- I bought 3 of Amazon’s most popular teddy pieces — here’s what I’m …
- Don’t miss the last chance to snag these 6 gorgeous sweaters for over …
- 80,000 Amazon ratings prove why people love these comfortable face mas…
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…