Hundreds descended on Tompkins Square Park in New York City's East Village neighborhood Saturday for an event that's been called the biggest Halloween costume contest in the world ... for dogs.
The 24th Annual Tompkins Square Halloween Dog Parade in Tompkins Square Park drew canines big and small, a slew of enthusiastic owners, and even some curious dog lovers to see who would be crowned Best in Show. The big prize ultimately went to three adorable pooches, Baxter, Gianna and Giupetto, whose loving owners Diana Lucci and Linn Consovoy dressed them up in an elaborate "Titanic" costume.
In between countless banana dogs and hot dogs were countless creative looks, like a dog dressed as "Crazy Eyes" from "Orange is the New Black" and another channeling Robin Williams' character Parry from the 1991 movie "The Fisher King." Other hits included a "Woof of Wall Street," a pope dog, and even a couple Teddy Roosevelts.
Are you dressing up your own pooch (or another furry friend) for Halloween? We want to see. Be sure to share your very own spooky, dressed-up pet on social media for the chance to see your favorite creature featured on our website. All you have to do is use the hashtag #AOLPetPics on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter and tag @AOL.
See other adorably costumed pets
- Are You A Homeowner? Turn Your Equity Into Cash
- Refinance And Have More Cash Each Month
- Unlock Your Exclusive Refi Rates Now
- Latest mortgage news: Rates retreat a bit
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- 10 great kitchen items that are on sale this weekend (so get them A…
- 93,000 Amazon shoppers have given this knit beanie a 5-star rating
- These insulated snow pants are a No. 1 best seller on Amazon and are u…
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap