By RYAN GORMAN
A recent survey has ranked the nation's cities from most to least conservative.
The MIT paper "Representation in Municipal Government" found that Mesa, Arizona, is the most conservative city in America. The most liberal, not surprisingly, is San Francisco.
The study ranked all U.S. cities with a population over 250,000 based on local government policies and positions.
Cities with a higher ratio of conservative Republicans to liberal Democrats ranked near the top. San Francisco, with a heavily Democratic city council, came in last.
Oklahoma City, Virginia Beach, Colorado Springs and Jacksonville rounded out the top five among most conservative.
Washington, D.C., Seattle, Oakland and Boston finished off the five least conservative cities.
New York City ranked as the eighth-least conservative, Chicago came in three spots behind.
Also taken into account are the political parties of elected officials such as the mayor, city council members, term limits and ballot initiatives.
Where does your city rank? Find out in the slideshow above.
- Latest mortgage news: After flirting with 6%, rates retreat
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Best Refinance Rates for Summer
- Are You A Homeowner? Turn Your Skyrocketing Equity Into Cash
- Attention hot sleepers: The famous Buffy Breeze Comforter is finall…
- TikToker shares just how cool it is to buy a drink at a Korean conveni…
- Unexpected umami recipes on TikTok that use MSG
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!