By RYAN GORMAN
A recent survey has ranked the nation's cities from most to least conservative.
The MIT paper "Representation in Municipal Government" found that Mesa, Arizona, is the most conservative city in America. The most liberal, not surprisingly, is San Francisco.
The study ranked all U.S. cities with a population over 250,000 based on local government policies and positions.
Cities with a higher ratio of conservative Republicans to liberal Democrats ranked near the top. San Francisco, with a heavily Democratic city council, came in last.
Oklahoma City, Virginia Beach, Colorado Springs and Jacksonville rounded out the top five among most conservative.
Washington, D.C., Seattle, Oakland and Boston finished off the five least conservative cities.
New York City ranked as the eighth-least conservative, Chicago came in three spots behind.
Also taken into account are the political parties of elected officials such as the mayor, city council members, term limits and ballot initiatives.
Where does your city rank? Find out in the slideshow above.
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Are you a homeowner? Refinance rates at 2.06% APR.
- You've got thousands of reasons to refinance ($$$)
- Mortgage payoff tactic eliminates 15 years of payments
- 4 beauty editor-approved products you need to shop right now
- People swear by this eye cream for brightening dark circles: ‘No need …
- Is this $300 ‘smart toaster’ really worth the hype? To find out, we tr…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!