Mental troubles, family issues, and addiction are the common causes that drive people to homelessness. For those who can't relate to those hardships, a greater understanding of what it is like to be homeless might be what it takes to help solve the problem. Several groups are attempting to change the way we approach those experiencing homelessness.
A group of students from Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy learned first hand how hard it is to survive homelessness. The students spent a cold night in the downtown area in their own version of a shantytown. The exercise raised awareness on the hardships of homelessness and the students didn't stop there. They partnered with the Cincinnati Police Department in an initiative to help the homeless find housing. The goal is to get the homeless to pursue help from service groups such as Lighthouse Youth Services and find safer alternatives for shelter.
For many, these photos are a familiar sighting, often ignored. Has our society turned a blind eye to homelessness?
- Latest mortgage news: Rates close in on 6%
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Best Refinance Rates for Summer
- Are You A Homeowner? Turn Your Skyrocketing Equity Into Cash
- Grab these Sur La Table 4th of July deals before they’re gone — pri…
- Celebrate the 4th of July with these bold red, white and blue snack bo…
- Make your Pride party extra colorful this year with these themed cockt…
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!