When a bull elephant comes charging at you, the natural reaction is to start running. These hikers at Kruger National Park in South Africa knew better though, and calmly stood their ground when the huge animal approached them with a roar. Their guide on the walking safari, Cornel Rademeyer, later said that if the hikers had backed off, the elephant may have followed through with its charge. The important thing was to stay calm and not make any sudden movements.
The reason for the elephant advancing on the group became evident when they were later told that one member of the group had tried to run down the river bank and another moved his position. The rangers were not aware of this during the encounter. In the clip, the elephant actually reacts to the people moving across and in front of the camera.
At that stage, it was important for the guides to concentrate on the potential threat and deter a situation. The elephant then backed up and moved off.
"We continued our walk after the excitement within the clients had returned to normal, I reiterated at this point to the clients on the importance of not moving or generating noise during such an encounter such as had occurred," the guide later wrote on YouTube.
The elephant was not provoked or harmed in any way.
- Are you a homeowner? Refinance rates at 2.06% APR.
- You've got thousands of reasons to refinance ($$$)
- Mortgage payoff tactic eliminates 15 years of payments
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- I bought 3 of Amazon’s most popular teddy pieces — here’s what I’m …
- Don’t miss the last chance to snag these 6 gorgeous sweaters for over …
- 80,000 Amazon ratings prove why people love these comfortable face mas…
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program