On October 18th in history, the United States acquired Alaska from the former Soviet Union for two cents per acre.
Other Events on October 18th in History:
1767: The Mason Dixon line was established.
1898: The United States officially claims control of Puerto Rico.
1931: Inventor Thomas Edison died at the age of 84.
1988: 'Roseanne' debuted on ABC.
Watch what made headlines on October 18th in 2013:
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Calculate your new refi payment in minutes. See if you can save
- Lock in a 2.06% APR Refi Rate Before The Fed Meets
- A Simple Way to Pay Off Your House ASAP
- TikTok mom shares what not to say to adoptive parents: ‘Please stop…
- Just in time for summer, here’s how to get $20 off already-discounted …
- Mom shares controversial ‘folding’ hack on TikTok: ‘I really don’t und…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!