By KELSEY DRISCOLL
Need a break from Halloween planning? Take a moment to look back at this past week in photos.
Jean-Pierre Zaugg, an artist from Switzerland, created quite the installation. A giant fork made by Zaugg can be seen sticking out of the water in Vevey, Switzerland, which is known for being home to the headquarters of Nestlé, one of the largest food corporations in the world. The fork was created and placed to commemorate the 10th anniversary of Nestlé's Alimentarium Food Museum.
Protests around the world continued this week, with several notable photos coming from Hong Kong, Mexico and Missouri. Tensions rose in Hong Kong as demonstrators expanded their protest zone after previously being pushed back. In the St. Louis area, citizens clashed with authorities once again as details emerged from another shooting of a black teen by a local police officer. A confrontation in Mexico turned violent as residents demanded answers from police about 43 missing students.
In sports, the Kansas City Royals and San Francisco Giants both punched their tickets to the World Series, which will begin on Tuesday. The NFL kicked off its seventh week on Thursday with a rivalry game between the New England Patriots and New York Jets, which New England won. In addition, the 37th annual Chicago Marathon took place this past Sunday.
Around the world, random eruptions at Mount Sinabung in Indonesia continue to misplace residents and the Ebola epidemic rages on in West Africa and beyond, reaching nearly 10,000 reported cases. The Syrian town of Kobani remains under assault by Islamic State extremists, causing an influx of refugees to the neighboring country of Turkey.
Check back next Friday for our selection of the best photos from the next seven days, as we get deeper into fall and closer to the holidays.
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Are you a homeowner? Refinance rates at 2.06% APR.
- Experts Recommend to Refi Before Rates Keep Rising
- Get Funds For Your Future With A Reverse Mortgage
- Nikki and Brie Bella share their must-have mom gear ahead of Mother…
- There are so many cute tie-dye joggers on sale for cheap at Nordstrom …
- These geometric wine glasses will make even Trader Joe’s wine feel fan…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!