A newly-released video by Texas Presbyterian Hospital shows Nina Pham, one of two nurses who contracted Ebola after treating a patient in Dallas, speaking from her bed on Thursday before being transferred to Maryland for further treatment.
In the video posted online at the request of Pham herself, the Ebola-stricken nurse says goodbye to her Dallas medical colleagues before heading to the National Institutes of Health hospital in Bethesda, Maryland.
"Thanks for getting well," critical care medicine chief Dr. Gary Weinstein said. "Thanks for being part of the volunteer team to take care of our first patient."
"We're really proud of you," he continues.
After jokingly inviting her friends to visit her in Maryland, the moment becomes a tearful farewell.
"I love you guys," Pham says.
More Ebola coverage:
Nina Pham, Ebola-stricken nurse, being flown to Washington
White House rejects calls for Ebola travel ban
US health official allowed new Ebola patient on plane
Stepped up Ebola screening starts at 4 US airports
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Your Best Refinance Rates for April 2021
- Thank You For Your Service: $0 Down Payment on VA Loans
- Calculate Your New Refi Payment in Minutes. See if You Can Save
- I bought 3 of Amazon’s most popular teddy pieces — here’s what I’m …
- Don’t miss the last chance to snag these 6 gorgeous sweaters for over …
- 80,000 Amazon ratings prove why people love these comfortable face mas…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!