Neil Patrick Harris can check one more thing off his bucket list!
The "How I Met Your Mother" actor, 41, revealed he'd be hosting the 2015 Oscars in a Bond-like video that he released via Twitter on Wednesday.
In the funny video, Harris begins by answering a mysterious phone call and cryptically says, "I'm in." After he hangs up, the camera pans to a long list titled "NPH's Bucket List."
At the bottom of the list is a blank box with "Host the Oscars" next to it, which Harris checks off.
Other items in his very extensive list included winning a Tony Award, jumping out of an airplane, being an imagineer, meeting the President, getting married, and more – all of which he already had sharp checkmarks next to.
The Academy also confirmed the exciting news.
Harris is the perfect man to host the 87th annual Academy Awards, which airs on February 22, 2015. The longtime thesp has lent his hosting skills to the Emmy Awards and the Tony Awards and even performed during the 2010 Oscars opening monologue hosted by Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin.
If his previous hosting stints are any indication, the Oscars might just be a toe-tapping, slap-happy, good time this year, which will be a nice departure from some of the more snooze-worthy shows of past. Here's looking at you, Anne Hathaway and James Franco.
See Neil Patrick Harris' hosting skills in action:
- Calculate your new refi payment in minutes. See if you can save
- Lock in a 2.06% APR Refi Rate Before The Fed Meets
- A Simple Way to Pay Off Your House ASAP
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Mom desperately tries to figure out how she got her baby to sleep t…
- It’s easier than it looks to make yourself this fancy affogato dessert
- This tiny device keeps mosquitoes away all summer, and it’s on sale fo…
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…