After 20 years of playing the same lottery numbers, an Oregon man's ticket came up and he won a million dollars. He also kept a decades-old promise to split it with his brother.
Eric Hale from Bend, Oregon, played the lottery pretty regularly for two decades. He told KTVZ that when he was a kid, he promised his brother Quinn that if he ever won the lottery, he'd split it with him 50/50.
Hale played the Powerball with his usual numbers and matched them all except the Powerball itself. The lucky numbers were: 7, 14, 21, 24, 41.
Once Eric realized that he was holding a million-dollar ticket, he immediately called his brother -- who presumably realized he has the greatest brother in the world.
According to the Oregon Lottery, Eric and Quinn took home about $355,000 each after tax. Eric says he's going to use his winnings to pursue a master's degree in clinical counseling, take a 20-day trip to China and invest the rest.
Quinn, who is working on a doctorate degree, will use his half to pay off student loans.
Also on AOL:
Police chase suspect ends up being woman in labor
113-year-old woman had to lie about her age to get Facebook
Woman who had no clue she was pregnant gives birth to rare twins
The Latest from our Partners
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Refinance rates at 2.125% APR (15yr). Calculate your rate now
- A simple way to pay off your house ASAP
- Experts urge Americans to refinance in 2021
- 4,800 Amazon shoppers swear by Bissell’s high-pressure surface clea…
- This sustainable skincare brand makes healthy products for you and the…
- DSW is offering up to 40 percent off on dozens of sneakers, with deals…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $726k (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Two Savings Accounts That Pay 10x What Your Bank Pays
- CD Rates Skyrocket
- What Most Americans Don't Realize About Car Insurance