By RYAN GORMAN
One of the most iconic movies of all time premiered in theaters 20 years ago on this date.
"Pulp Fiction," the Quentin Tarantino-directed epic, debuted in cinemas across the country on October 14, 1994. It was filmed on a budget of only $8 million.
The movie's cast included stars John Travolta, Bruce Willis, Harvey Keitel and Christopher Walken and also up-and-coming actors Samuel L. Jackson, Uma Thurman, Steve Buscemi and Ving Rhames.
The instant classic also set the precedent of Tarantino himself appearing in small bit roles in every film he directs.
The opening diner robbery scene set the tone for a wild plot following two mob hit men, Jackson and Travolta, searching for a suitcase stolen from their boss (Rhames).
Jackson's bible-quoting assassin launched his movie career into super-stardom, and Travolta's part also jumpstarted his, which had stalled in the late 1980s.
Buscemi, Rhames and Thurman had parts prior to "Pulp Fiction," but Tarantino also made them stars.
Scroll through the above gallery to see the stars of "Pulp Fiction," then and now.
- Can You Refinance With $0 Out of Pocket?
- Need Cash? Take Money Out of Your Home
- Smart Ways To Pay for a Home Renovation
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Bring life to fabrics with the best tie dye kits
- Jazz up your wardrobe with the leading grommet belts of 2022
- Put your best foot forward with the hottest chunky boots
- Latest mortgage news: 30-year rate hits highest point since 2009
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise