An infant in Louisiana is recovering in the hospital after spending three days trapped under her father's dead body.
At just 10-months-old, Betty Jean Fields was found dehydrated with blistering skin, pinned beneath her father who was identified as 43-year-old Jason Fields.
She was taken to this hospital in Shreveport for treatment. Investigators say Jason likely died of a heart attack and do not suspect foul play.
Betty's 5-year-old brother found the two Friday night and rushed to the neighbors who say the home didn't have air conditioning and it was extremely hot inside.
The Shreveport Times reports the children's mother was serving time in jail, but was released a few days early so she could care for her children.
Also on AOL:
Kurds describe grim scene inside Kobani
Fiat Chrysler to make its Wall Street debut
Man sees for the first time in decades
There's a new No. 1 team in college football
- Latest mortgage news: After flirting with 6%, rates keep retreating
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Need Cash? How to Access Your Home's Equity
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- TikTok mom shares hilarious montage of her baby ‘discovering’ his f…
- Baby is annoyed with her mom for spending a long time at Target: ‘You …
- The best deals for ‘that girl’ in 2022
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!