By RYAN GORMAN
A recently-returned from the Middle East officer in the Air Force proposed to his NFL cheerleader girlfriend on the field Sunday before a game.
Captain Erick Straub dropped to one knee and proposed to Arizona Cardinals cheerleader Claire Thornton, 23, in front of a packed University of Phoenix Stadium just before the team's game against the Washington Redskins, according to USA Today. She said yes.
Straub, dressed in full uniform, popped the question on the sidelines as Thornton's fellow cheerleaders burst into tears and cheered her on.
The 70,000-seat stadium roared with approval as the couple hugged just after Straub put the ring on Thornton's finger.
Straub is believed to have just returned from a tour of duty in the Middle East.
The proposal came as a shock to Thornton, a first-grade teacher by day.
Thornton has been named cheerleader of the month multiple times by the Cardinals organization, her engagement is likely to have left more than a few broken hearts in the stands.
The pair's celebration was briefly put on hold while Thornton resumed her cheering duties during the Sunday afternoon game.
Straub and Thornton's engagement appears to have rubbed off on the Cardinals.
The first-place team beat the bottom-feeding Redskins 30-20 to improve to 4-1.
- Latest mortgage news: 30-year rate edges up
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Smart Ways To Pay for a Home Renovation
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Don't Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Mom always knows best: TikTokers share important life lessons from …
- 6 versatile closet essentials you need in your fall wardrobe — they’ll…
- These slow cooked birria tacos are a must try
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!