By RYAN GORMAN
A series of new images released by NASA curiously resemble a pumpkin.
The "Pumpkin Sun," as astronomers are calling it, looks eerily similar to a Jack-O-Lantern in the set of five photos dated October 8.
NASA explained the star appears like a pumpkin because specific active regions are emitting more light and energy than others.
The first image blends together two separate wavelengths typically in gold and yellow, to create the Halloween-like appearance, according to NASA.
Other images are in other colors because different wavelengths are used for imaging.
These images are much more treat than trick.
Also on AOL:
- Latest mortgage news: Rates retreat amid recession fears
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Can You Refinance With $0 Out of Pocket?
- Need Cash? Take Money Out of Your Home
- Smart Ways To Pay for a Home Renovation
- Watch this TikToker get served by a robot
- TikToker shares dishwasher hack that makes washing tall glasses easy
- You should definitely buy these amazing J.Crew boyfriend jeans while t…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!