On October 11 in 1492: Christopher Columbus reached new land across the Atlantic Ocean in the Bahamas. He claimed the land on behalf of Isabella and Ferdinand of Spain.
Other Events on October 11:
1960: Nikita Khrushchev, the USSR leader, interrupted a U.N. General Assembly session by pounding his shoe on the desk.
1964: The USSR launched the Voskhod 1 into orbit around Earth.
1984: Margaret Thatcher escaped an assassination attempt in Brighton, England.
2007: Al Gore was awarded a Nobel Peace Prize for his environmental in the midst of his 'The Inconvenient Truth' work.
2013: Charlie Hunnam, from 'Sons of Anarchy,' pulled out of '50 Shades of Gray' film project.
Malala Yousafazi was recently awarded the 2014 Nobel Peace Prize, an honor Al Gore received on October 12 back in 2007:
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Are you a homeowner? Refinance rates at 2.06% APR.
- Experts Recommend to Refi Before Rates Keep Rising
- Get Funds For Your Future With A Reverse Mortgage
- 5 TikTok dishes you can totally make with popcorn
- Dog trainer reveals what not to say to your family pet
- I tried Beautycounter’s new brightening hand serum that doubles as a s…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!