On October 11 in 1492: Christopher Columbus reached new land across the Atlantic Ocean in the Bahamas. He claimed the land on behalf of Isabella and Ferdinand of Spain.
Other Events on October 11:
1960: Nikita Khrushchev, the USSR leader, interrupted a U.N. General Assembly session by pounding his shoe on the desk.
1964: The USSR launched the Voskhod 1 into orbit around Earth.
1984: Margaret Thatcher escaped an assassination attempt in Brighton, England.
2007: Al Gore was awarded a Nobel Peace Prize for his environmental in the midst of his 'The Inconvenient Truth' work.
2013: Charlie Hunnam, from 'Sons of Anarchy,' pulled out of '50 Shades of Gray' film project.
Malala Yousafazi was recently awarded the 2014 Nobel Peace Prize, an honor Al Gore received on October 12 back in 2007:
- Latest mortgage news: 30-year rate edges up
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Smart Ways To Pay for a Home Renovation
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Don't Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Woman’s mother-in-law keeps crashing family vacations: ‘MIL needs t…
- 10 things you can get for under $10 at Nordstrom today
- People in the airport always ask me about these $11 clear toiletry bag…
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!