DIY Daily: The half-moon manicure
Tools & materials:
Nail Polisher Remover
- File your nails into a round shape.
- Add a base coat.
- Create the half moon. Remember it's way easier to remove the polish than having to add more later. Paint the nail, leaving space by the cuticle. Create a a roughly rounded curved moon shape.
- Dip a concealer brush in acetone nail polisher removed to touch up the rounded half-moon shape. Make sure to push the brush up for a clean and accentuated half moon shape. Let the polish dry before starting on the other hand that you write with.
- It's a bit trickier to apply to the hand you write with. To help with the application, use band-aids as a stencil for the half-moon shape. Apply the nail polish, don't be afraid to over the band-aid with your polish coat. Make sure to remove the band-aids while the nail polish is still wet.
- Apply the top coat. Go from the cuticle to the edge of the nail to avoid smearing nail polish in the unpainted half moon.
- Clean up the nails with a brush and nail polish remover as necessary.