By ANDREW TAVANI
The British Army this week released the results of its annual military photo competition and the images are stunning. According to the Daily Mail, Jamie Peters, an army corporal, won the Best Overall Image with his captivating shot of an Apache helicopter flying away from a large explosion. The photo, 'Fireball Flyers,' was snapped at an air show, The Telegraph reports.
Voting was open to the public and conducted on Facebook. Peters' photo amassed 1,671 Likes to propel it to a narrow victory. Above, click through the slideshow and see all of the dramatic images from the competition along with portraits of the men behind the cameras who shot them.
Also on AOL.com:
Art teacher captures jaw-dropping close-up of great white shark
Onlooker captures video of freight train plowing into 18-wheeler stalled on train tracks
30 awesome photos from September 2014
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Your Best Refinance Rates for April 2021
- Thank You For Your Service: $0 Down Payment on VA Loans
- Calculate Your New Refi Payment in Minutes. See if You Can Save
- I bought 3 of Amazon’s most popular teddy pieces — here’s what I’m …
- Don’t miss the last chance to snag these 6 gorgeous sweaters for over …
- 80,000 Amazon ratings prove why people love these comfortable face mas…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!