By ANDREW TAVANI
The British Army this week released the results of its annual military photo competition and the images are stunning. According to the Daily Mail, Jamie Peters, an army corporal, won the Best Overall Image with his captivating shot of an Apache helicopter flying away from a large explosion. The photo, 'Fireball Flyers,' was snapped at an air show, The Telegraph reports.
Voting was open to the public and conducted on Facebook. Peters' photo amassed 1,671 Likes to propel it to a narrow victory. Above, click through the slideshow and see all of the dramatic images from the competition along with portraits of the men behind the cameras who shot them.
Also on AOL.com:
Art teacher captures jaw-dropping close-up of great white shark
Onlooker captures video of freight train plowing into 18-wheeler stalled on train tracks
30 awesome photos from September 2014
- Latest mortgage news: After flirting with 6%, rates retreat
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Need Cash? How to Access Your Home's Equity
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- ‘To the boy who doesn’t let anything get him down’: Mom honors Disa…
- Nordstrom shoppers are raving about how well these white pants fit: ‘I…
- These are the 25 fashion and beauty deals you don’t want to miss at Am…
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!