Embarrassing text messages happen to the best of us. You get someones number, you think you're friends so you text them. Then you wait for a reply ... and you wait.... and you wait..... (crickets). That's awkward.
Well, at least we're not alone. This week comedian Aziz Ansari sat down with the Howard Stern Show and regaled the group with the gloriously embarrassing text convo between him and Mrs. Ryan Reynolds: Blake Lively. The actor claims he and the blonde bombshell bonded over a love a food .... but maybe it was one sided.
Here is how it all went down:
AZIZ: "Hey, it's Aziz. The Animal dinners are over now unfortunately, but I will show you photos from when I went. It was very tasty. Are you going to the Met Ball?"
Upon seeing Lively at the Met Ball he sends another.
AZIZ: "Hey, it's Aziz. Please tell Karl [Lagerfeld] he needs to call me, it's been too long since we bro'd out."
AZIZ: "I'm going to the Boom Boom Room for that afterparty. Hopefully this is your number? Either way, good seeing you."
Blake finally sent a pity response.
BLAKE: "Hey, maybe I'll see you. So weird, Karl was just saying how bummed he was to miss you."
Of course Aziz jumped at the chance to finally chat texting.
AZIZ: "We had a falling out a few weeks ago when he stole a bowtie of mine. You here?"
Blake did run in to Aziz at the party but fortunately for her she had her excuse ready and told him she was leaving the state. Naturally the next day Aziz wanted to check on his new best friend and see how her travels went.
AZIZ: "I feel so bad you had to fly to North Carolina after that party. It must've been rough. Karl and I partied at Boom Boom until 7 a.m. Got tacos the next day after and just had a beautiful spa day. Next time we are in the same city, let's eat delicious food."
Ansari says the texts were sent back in the Spring of 2011 and hoping for a christmas miracle he text her again in December of 2011.
AZIZ: "Happy Holidays!"
Of course Aziz ended his segment on The Howard Stern Show by texting Blake. I'm gonna guess she didn't respond.
More from AOL
Amanda Bynes promises to sue tabloids for calling her 'insane'
Green Day, NIN nominated for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
Anderson Cooper dishes about mom Gloria Vanderbilt's impressive love life
- Need Cash? How to Access Your Home's Equity
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Shop Amazon’s trending beauty products under $25
- TikTok creators and Amazon shoppers can’t stop raving about this affor…
- Here’s how to get free delivery on your next Instacart order
- Latest mortgage news: After flirting with 6%, rates retreat
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance