By RYAN GORMAN
The Oakland Raiders may soon move - to San Antonio.
The black and silver-clad franchise has long been rumored to be moving to Los Angeles, but it appears ready to head to Texas' third-largest city, if a local report is any indication.
San Antonio residents are being randomly surveyed to see if they would support a Raiders move to the their town, WOAI is reporting.
The survey polled locals' willingness to pay ticket prices for different seats and also asks if they would "buy a lower-level season ticket for $1,500," according to the station.
The questionnaire was reportedly sent from an address attributed to the Alamodome, a large stadium in San Antonio, but officials claim they had no knowledge of its existence.
City authorities also pleaded ignorance, the station reported.
Barret Sports Group, based in California, is listed on the survey as the polling agent. AOL News was not able to reach the firm for further comment.
The team has been looking for a new stadium for the better part of the last decade while it plays its home games in the outdated O.co Coliseum.
The stadium is also used by the Major league Baseball Oakland Athletics. It is the only shared facility in either sport. Both teams have been trying to get stadium deals in the Bay Area but have not had much luck.
Los Angeles, where the Raiders played from 1992 to 1995, has not had an NFL team since then-owner Al Davis brought the franchise back to Oakland, where it played prior to 1992.
The nation's second-largest media market, stadiums have been planned in Los Angeles with the intent of luring an NFL team but never been built.
San Antonio reportedly emerged as a dark horse to land the Raiders after team owner Mark Davis met former mayor Henry Cisneros, who aggressively pitched San Antonio as an ideal landing spot, this past spring.
The Alamodome would be a temporary home for any franchise looking to move to San Antonio while a new stadium was being built.
Also on AOL:
- Are You A Homeowner? Turn Your Equity Into Cash
- Refinance And Have More Cash Each Month
- Unlock Your Exclusive Refi Rates Now
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Honey cake is the sweetest treat taking over TikTok
- Diver gets hilarious surprise when he cracks an egg at the ‘bottom of …
- 10 great kitchen items that are on sale this weekend (so get them ASAP…
- Latest mortgage news: Rates retreat a bit
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!