By RYAN GORMAN
The makers of Red Bull owe fans of the energy drink a lot of money.
A class action settlement announced Wednesday means that anyone who has bought even one can of the mysterious potion since 2002 is eligible for a payout.
The Austrian company has agreed to pay more than $13 million to consumers over claims it misled the public through advertising that "Red Bull gives you wings."
About half of that sum will be placed into an escrow account within seven days, according to beverage trade publication BevNet. The remainder will be paid at a still-undetermined date.
The settlement was agreed to after a consumer sued over claims the energy drink made regarding taurine and guarana.
Assertions of increased performance, concentration and reaction speed were argued in the suit to be false. It was also claimed the brand's vast online, print, television and radio ad campaign was a blatant lie.
"Such deceptive conduct and practices mean that [Red Bull's] advertising and marketing is not just 'puffery,' but is instead deceptive and fraudulent and is therefore actionable," said the suit.
Each person making claims against the settlement is entitled to a cool $10 or $15 worth of Red Bull products.
No proof of purchase is necessary to get in on the action. Click here to claim your share of the caffeine-addled pie.
- Latest mortgage news: Rates retreat a bit
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Your Best Refinance Rates for January 2022
- Mortgage Payoff Tactic Eliminates 15 Years of Payments
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Got leftover wine? Here’s what you can make with it
- Take your air fryer to the next level with this top-rated accessories …
- 10 deals you can’t skip from Nordstrom’s home sale — save big on Smeg,…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!