By ISABELLE CHAPMAN
He may play Iron Man, but Robert Downey Jr. is clearly a big softie.
The "Sherlock Holmes" actor, 49, recently dropped by the Howard Stern show for a quick chat, and told the radio host that he'd like to reconnect with ex-girlfriend Sarah Jessica Parker, whom he dated during the 1980s.
The couple started dating after they met on the set of "Firstborn" in 1984 and dated through the rest of the decade, before splitting in 1991.
Twenty years later, Downey Jr. says he has more perspective on the relationship, and would be interested in catching up with the actress.
"I've never been the kind of person to acknowledge what's going on with me at the time, and I'd try to make light of it or whatever, but sure, when you're with someone for seven years, 18 to our mid-20s, you know, it's kind of a big deal," Downey told Stern.
Although he admitted, that before he rang up his old flame he'd be sure to let her husband, fellow actor Matthew Broderick know.
Don't be fooled though, Downey Jr. is just looking to catch up with his old friend and nothing more.
He is happily married to wife Susan and the duo are expecting their second child together.
- $300K Refi in This Economy? 2.01% APR (15 yr)
- Calculate Your New Refi Payment in Minutes. See if You Can Save
- Mortgage Payoff Tactic Eliminates 15 Years of Payments
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- I bought 3 of Amazon’s most popular teddy pieces — here’s what I’m …
- Don’t miss the last chance to snag these 6 gorgeous sweaters for over …
- 80,000 Amazon ratings prove why people love these comfortable face mas…
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…