Two professors from Roane State Community College in eastern Tennessee have started a 73-day stint where they will be living and teaching underwater. While they're staying underwater, trying to break the world record for the most amount of time spent without surfacing, one of them will be teaching an online credit lecture class for students at Roane State Community College. Professor Jessica Fain, 25, and 63-year-old professor Bruce Cantrell will be living in a uniquely designed habitat that is 25 feet under the surface of an ocean lagoon located in Key Largo, Florida.
The pair will also be hosting a weekly live broadcast interview show named 'Classroom Under the Sea' where they'll be visited by a variety of guests scientists including Buzz Aldrin, the astronaut who was the second person to ever step foot on the moon. According to one report, their underwater living quarters is about the size of a dorm room. Their plan is to stay there until the final day of their project on December 15th. You can tune into the lectures and weekly show which will be streaming online at youtube.com/Classroomunderthesea.
More on AOL:
Lion cub practices roar, gets put in his place
New species of dinosaur unearthed in Utah named 'Nose King'
Halloween 'tombstone' mystery puzzles baseball fan
- Latest mortgage news: Rates jump to their highest since March 2020
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Your Best Refinance Rates for January 2022
- Mortgage Payoff Tactic Eliminates 15 Years of Payments
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- ‘Smartest baby’ knows all her animal sounds at just 9 months old: ‘…
- Wife hasn’t spoken to husband in a week, so he ‘makes her talk’ with h…
- Amazon shoppers say this gadget is a game-changer for deep-cleaning ti…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!