By RYAN GORMAN
A five-year-old leukemia survivor signed a contract with the Utah Jazz and suited up for a scrimmage.
The team rolled out the red carpet for young JP Gibson, even giving him a press conference to announce the signing of his one-day deal before he hit the court to show off some skills.
Gibson was diagnosed in 2012 with acute lymphoblastic leukemia, according to a team press release.
His family was hosted as part of the team's club's "Anything Can Be" project. He soon showed his kindergarten classmates that anything is possible.
The youngster checked into the game to a nice ovation during the third quarter.
He quickly moved down the court, weaved through five defenders, drove to hoop and finished with a two-handed dunked the ball - with an assist from center Rudy Gobert.
The fans roared as Gibson high-fived his teammates and trotted down the court.
"JP loves most sports, but basketball is definitely his favorite," mother Megan Gibson said in a team statement. "When he was just over a year old, he would sit with my husband Josh watching games.
"He started insisting on shooting hoops for an hour each night before bedtime when he was just 15 months old," she added. "He knows he has to be six before he can play Junior Jazz, and he reminds us all the time that he can't wait until he's six."
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Your Best Refinance Rates for April 2021
- Thank You For Your Service: $0 Down Payment on VA Loans
- Calculate Your New Refi Payment in Minutes. See if You Can Save
- I bought 3 of Amazon’s most popular teddy pieces — here’s what I’m …
- Don’t miss the last chance to snag these 6 gorgeous sweaters for over …
- 80,000 Amazon ratings prove why people love these comfortable face mas…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!