By ISABELLE CHAPMAN
It was all about Kristen Stewart at the "Camp X-Ray" screening at the Crosby Hotel in New York City on Monday.
The 24-year-old actress, who wore a J. Mendel embroidered minidress and Christian Louboutin pumps to the intimate premiere, looked hot to trot as she promoted her latest film, which takes place in Guantanamo Bay and depicts an unlikely friendship between a soldier (Stewart) and a detainee (Payman Moaadi).
The dramatic role, which is certainly a departure from her "Twilight" days, required the actress to tap into a different level of emotion and Steward revealed that she used a personal hobby to prepare for this particular role: poetry writing. The brunette babe told AOL that she's been writing poetry since junior high, and that it helped her emotionally connect to the 19-year-old character.
"I definitely have [poetry] as a serious outlet," the starlet told AOL. "I pointedly, specifically for this did write a couple things that were just so spot on I had to share it with [director Peter Sattler] and it helped, and it felt good to share it."
This film comes after a two-year break. Her last film, the fourth installment of "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2," was released in 2012. But Stewart has a slew of indie flicks on their way, including a film called "Still Alice," with Julianne Moore that is due out later this year.
- Are you a homeowner? Refinance rates at 2.06% APR.
- You've got thousands of reasons to refinance ($$$)
- Mortgage payoff tactic eliminates 15 years of payments
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- 4 beauty editor-approved products you need to shop right now
- People swear by this eye cream for brightening dark circles: ‘No need …
- Is this $300 ‘smart toaster’ really worth the hype? To find out, we tr…
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…