A man was severely beaten outside of the Angels Stadium in Anaheim Friday night after the team's playoff game against the Kansas City Royals. However, according to police, it appears the attack was random:
OFFICER: "It seems like it was just a random attack in the parking lot, apparently for no reason."
WITNESS: "There was no arguing, there was no yelling. It was all just really surprising."
WITNESS: "The guy ran up on him from behind. No shouting. Nothing. It was just really quick, boom, boom, boom."
Yes, of course this brings to mind the man severely beaten at Dodger Stadium, just 30 miles away, in 2011. But that was over team rivalries. According to reports, in this case the suspects and victim were all wearing Angels gear, and the reason for the attack is unclear.
Police told the Orange County Register there is no indication there was an altercation between the men before the parking lot attack.
The Los Angeles Times reports the 43-year-old man is in critical condition, and police are searching for three suspects.
And according to KABC, the man is a veteran Los Angeles police officer, a former marine and a father of three.
Police are investigating the incident, which the Angels organization called "unfortunate" in a statement.
This video contains images from Getty Images.
Also on AOL:
Kassig family releases letter son sent in June
Search for missing plane gets underway
Poll finds which US state 'should be kicked out'
Brady answers critics, helps Pats to blowout
- Latest mortgage news: After flirting with 6%, rates retreat
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Best Refinance Rates for Summer
- Are You A Homeowner? Turn Your Skyrocketing Equity Into Cash
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- These luxury bed sheets are ‘the softest in the world’ — and they’r…
- Shop these 10 majorly viral TikTok home products for cheap at the 4th …
- 15 of the best 4th of July kitchen deals to grab on Amazon
- Take Control Of Your Finances With These Cards
- Spend $500, Get $200 Fast with This Top Card
- Want to Travel Practically Free? This Card Is For You