A man was severely beaten outside of the Angels Stadium in Anaheim Friday night after the team's playoff game against the Kansas City Royals. However, according to police, it appears the attack was random:
OFFICER: "It seems like it was just a random attack in the parking lot, apparently for no reason."
WITNESS: "There was no arguing, there was no yelling. It was all just really surprising."
WITNESS: "The guy ran up on him from behind. No shouting. Nothing. It was just really quick, boom, boom, boom."
Yes, of course this brings to mind the man severely beaten at Dodger Stadium, just 30 miles away, in 2011. But that was over team rivalries. According to reports, in this case the suspects and victim were all wearing Angels gear, and the reason for the attack is unclear.
Police told the Orange County Register there is no indication there was an altercation between the men before the parking lot attack.
The Los Angeles Times reports the 43-year-old man is in critical condition, and police are searching for three suspects.
And according to KABC, the man is a veteran Los Angeles police officer, a former marine and a father of three.
Police are investigating the incident, which the Angels organization called "unfortunate" in a statement.
This video contains images from Getty Images.
Also on AOL:
Kassig family releases letter son sent in June
Search for missing plane gets underway
Poll finds which US state 'should be kicked out'
Brady answers critics, helps Pats to blowout
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Are you a homeowner? Refinance rates at 2.06% APR.
- You've got thousands of reasons to refinance ($$$)
- Mortgage payoff tactic eliminates 15 years of payments
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- I bought 3 of Amazon’s most popular teddy pieces — here’s what I’m …
- Don’t miss the last chance to snag these 6 gorgeous sweaters for over …
- 80,000 Amazon ratings prove why people love these comfortable face mas…
- 6 Reasons We Call This The Best Cash Back Card of 2021
- Say Goodbye to Debt: 0% intro APR until 2022
- Making a Big Purchase Soon? These Cards Are For You