Win a Personal Session With a Career Expert For AOL Jobs Week
When it comes to getting the job you want, spending even just a little amount of time improving your interview skills and resume can go a long way. It sometimes makes all the difference.
To help you land that better job (our theme for AOL Jobs Week), we're giving five lucky winners the opportunity to get expert career advice.
Three winners will work one-on-one with a career specialist and two winners will score a copy of the book, "100 Conversations for Career Success."
If you've been wanting help with your interview, resume and cover letter or LinkedIn Profile or simply want to learn how to effectively job search in today's world, read on to see how you can enter our sweepstakes. But, first here's a closer look at what you can win.
- One grand prize winner will receive a Mock Interview with a Career Expert from Keppie Careers (valued at $397). The prize is a personalized telephone mock interview. You'll send a job description and a career expert will write a specifically targeted interview. The interview lasts 30 minutes, with 30 minutes of feedback.
- One 2nd prize winner will receive a Resume and Cover Letter Critique from a Career Expert from CareerHMO (valued at $75). This prize is a full critique of your resume and cover letter with a private video of feedback on how to improve them.
- One 3rd prize winner will receive a LinkedIn Profile Critique from a Career Expert from CareerHMO (valued at $75). This prize is a full critique of your profile with a private video of feedback and tutorials on how to optimize your profile.
- One 4th prize winner and one 5th prize winner will each receive a Signed Copy of the Book "100 Conversations for Career Success: Learn to Network, Cold Call, and Tweet Your Way to Your Dream Job" (valued at $13.). The book written by Miriam Salpeter and Laura M. Labovich helps job seekers manage their day-to-day job search and professional networking.
How to Enter:
- To enter the sweepstakes, follow @AOLJobs on Twitter and re-tweet any one of our Jobs Week stories (find these easily by searching #AOLJobsWeek). You must add #sweepstakes when you re-tweet.
- The sweepstakes starts at 5AM EST on Monday, October 6, 2014 and ends at 11:59PM EST on Friday, October 10, 2014 and is open to legal residents of the 50 United States who are 21 and older.
- You may enter up to 3 times a day. If you re-tweet 3 of our Jobs Week tweets, you will have 3 sweepstakes entries. Please note: The maximum number of entries per person is 15 (3 per day).
- Entry deadline is 11:59 PM EST on Friday, October 10, 2014.
- The 5 winners will be selected in a random drawing.
- Official Rules are below.
About our Experts:
Miriam Salpeter is a job search and social media consultant, career coach, author,
speaker, resume writer and owner of Keppie Careers. To follow Miriam and read her latest posts on AOL Jobs, click here.
J.T. O'Donnell is a career and workplace expert who founded the top-ranked career advice site, CAREEREALISM.com and CareerHMO. To follow and read J.T.'s latest posts on AOL
Jobs, click here.
AOL JOBS WEEK SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE REQUIRED TO ENTER OR
1. ELIGIBILITY: The AOL Jobs Weeks Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States (including the District of Columbia) who are twenty-one (21) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of AOL Inc. and companies involved in the design, implementation, or promotion of the Sweepstakes, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. All U.S., federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law.
2. SPONSOR: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by AOL Inc., 770 Broadway, New York, NY 10003 ("Sponsor").
3. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsors, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. TIMING: The Sweepstakes begins at 5:00 am ET on October 6, 2014 and ends at 11:59 pm ET on October 10, 2014. Entries received prior to or after the Entry Period will be disqualified.
6. DRAWING: At the conclusion of the Entry Period, the Sponsor will select the names of five (5) potential winners in a random drawing of all eligible entries received. The odds of being selected depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period. If you are selected as a potential winner, you will be contacted via Twitter and asked to provide your name, complete address, and date of birth. If a potential winner does not respond within the timeframe stated in the winner notification correspondence, the Sponsor may select an alternate potential winner in his/her place at random from all remaining eligible entries received.
7. REQUIREMENTS OF THE POTENTIAL WINNER: Except where prohibited, the potential winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (the "Affidavit/Release") before receiving the prize. If a potential winner fails to sign and return the Affidavit/Release within the required time period, an alternate entrant may be selected in his/her place in a random drawing of all entries received. Acceptance of a prize constitutes consent to use winner's name and likeness for editorial, advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law.
One (1) GRAND PRIZE WINNER will receive a Mock Interview with a Career Expert from Keppie Careers (valued at $397). The prize is a personalized telephone mock interview. You'll send a job description and a career expert will write a specifically targeted interview. The interview lasts 30 minutes, with 30 minutes of feedback. Prize must be redeemed within 45 days of winner verification.
ONE (1) FIRST PRIZE WINNER will receive a Resume and Cover Letter Critique from a Career Expert from CareerHMO (valued at $75). This prize is a full critique of your resume and cover letter with a private video of feedback on how to improve them. Prize must be redeemed within 30 days of winner verification.
ONE (1) SECOND PRIZE WINNER will receive a LinkedIn Profile Critique from a Career Expert from CareerHMO (valued at $75). This prize is a full critique of your LinkedIn profile with a private video of feedback and tutorials on how to optimize your profile. Prize must be redeemed within 30 days of winner verification.
TWO (2) THIRD PRIZE WINNERS will each receive a Signed Copy of the Book "100 Conversations for Career Success: Learn to Network, Cold Call, and Tweet Your Way to Your Dream Job" (valued at $13.). The book written by Miriam Salpeter and Laura M. Labovich helps job seekers manage their day-to-day job search and professional networking.
All specifics of prizes are in Sponsor's sole discretion. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize with another prize of greater or equal value in the event that a prize or portion of prize is unavailable. Winner is solely responsible for any and all applicable fees and taxes associated with prize receipt and use.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way for any reason, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prize at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In case of a dispute as to the owner of an entry, entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the Twitter handle from which the entry is made.
10. PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes an entrant's consent for the Sponsor and the Sponsor's designees to use of entrant's name, likeness, voice, opinions, biographical information, and state of residence for promotional purposes in any media without further payment or consideration.
11. RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor,Keppie Careers, LLC,Blue Kilowatt, LLC, and their officers, directors, employees, and agents (the "Released Parties") and Twitter from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) printing errors; (c) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (d) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (e) injury, death or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt and use of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties' liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney's fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
13. SWEEPSTAKES RESULTS: To request a
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Sweepstakes should be sent to Sponsor and NOT Twitter.