On October 2nd in 1869, Mahatma Gandhi was born in Porbandar, India. Gandhi was the main leader in India's push for independence, famously known for civil disobedience that took various forms, such as hunger strikes. His principles, beliefs, and commitment to non-violence have left a lasting legacy and are often still used.
Other Events on October 2nd:
1919: American President Woodrow suffered a massive stroke.
1971: Rod Stewart's "Maggie May" earned the #1 spot on music charts.
1985: Actor, Rock Hudson, died at the age of 59 from complications due to AIDS.
2006: Gunman, Charles Robert, kills 5 students at an Amish school before turning the gun on himself.
2013: Senator, Ted Cruz, trolled Barack Obama with a lighthearted tweet in response to the government shutdown.
- Latest mortgage news: Rates keep pushing toward 7%
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Use The Equity In Your Home To Get The Cash You Need
- Amazon’s Prime Early Access Sale is next week, but don’t wait until…
- Nordstrom did new markdowns for the long weekend, and these are the be…
- Mom’s hilarious Halloween series is all about easy, spooky recipes
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!