On October 2nd in 1869, Mahatma Gandhi was born in Porbandar, India. Gandhi was the main leader in India's push for independence, famously known for civil disobedience that took various forms, such as hunger strikes. His principles, beliefs, and commitment to non-violence have left a lasting legacy and are often still used.
Other Events on October 2nd:
1919: American President Woodrow suffered a massive stroke.
1971: Rod Stewart's "Maggie May" earned the #1 spot on music charts.
1985: Actor, Rock Hudson, died at the age of 59 from complications due to AIDS.
2006: Gunman, Charles Robert, kills 5 students at an Amish school before turning the gun on himself.
2013: Senator, Ted Cruz, trolled Barack Obama with a lighthearted tweet in response to the government shutdown.
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Need Cash? How to Access Your Home's Equity
- Mortgage Payoff Tactic Eliminates 15 Years of Payments
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- The most delicious and loaded baked potato recipes on TikTok
- Mom’s fudgy lactation brownies are a hit with TikTok: ‘This is going t…
- Mom ‘can’t stop laughing’ when daughter doesn’t know how to use her bi…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!