Disney was hit with a $250 million lawsuit by a woman who claims the company stole her life story to produce one of the highest-grossing animated films in history.
'Frozen' has a lot of touching plot points viewers can relate to. That's one of the reasons it was so successful.
It had heartwarming sisterly love, a terrible accident, characters falling in love, and betrayal.
But Isabella Tanikumi says this is much too similar to her own life in the Peruvian Andes, which she detailed in her autobiographies 'Living My Truth' and 'Yearnings of the Heart' published in 2010.
There are some odd similarities between the two stories.
A copy of the complaint was emailed to E! News, citing 18 instances in which Disney allegedly lifted material from Tanikumi's work.
Some of them are about the sisters. Tanikumi's books talk about two very close sisters with opposite hair colors. They both have horses. In both stories, one of the sisters becomes physically injured because of the other, but loses memory of the accident.
Both sisters experience tragedy. An earthquake in Tanikumi's story, and a giant storm in Frozen.
And Tanikumi and Ana have romantic experiences under the moonlight.
It also includes two male characters by the name of Hans and Kristoff which, we'll admit, is pretty weird.
Disney has always said 'Frozen' was inspired by the story of 'The Snow Queen' by Hans Christian Andersen which was first published in the 1840s.
Tanikumi is demanding a trial by jury. So far, Disney has not released a comment on the matter.
- Are you a homeowner? Refinance rates at 2.06% APR.
- You've got thousands of reasons to refinance ($$$)
- Mortgage payoff tactic eliminates 15 years of payments
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- I bought 3 of Amazon’s most popular teddy pieces — here’s what I’m …
- Don’t miss the last chance to snag these 6 gorgeous sweaters for over …
- 80,000 Amazon ratings prove why people love these comfortable face mas…
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…