The Week That Was (9/22 - 9/26)
Yesterday, hundreds of students in Jefferson County, Colo. staged a walkout over potential curriculum changes they say present sanitized interpretations of U.S. history. It's a story that affects teachers as well as students, and it's one of the most fraught, interesting stories of the past week.
The news wasn't all so bleak, though, as companies started to make announcements for this year's holiday hiring plans--which are set to hit their highest figures since 1999. Check out our roundup of which companies are hiring (updated daily!), along with our other top posts for the past week.
1. Denver Students Protest Proposed Curriculum 'Censorship'
2. Hiring a Working Mom - Myth vs. Reality
3. Job Descriptions Decoded: Macy's Seasonal Employee
4. Strike the Right Pose and Become an Interview Ninja
5. Here's Who's Hiring Seasonal Workers for the Holidays
6. Why You Should Sleep Your Way To The Top
7. 10 Rules of Engagement to Avoid Flexible Work Failure
8. Ask Jack: Rejection, Idea Theft, and Job of the Week
9. Hero Police Officers Complete Injured Pizza Hut Driver's Delivery
10. How to Avoid Job Scams