Meatballs found at dog park tested for poison
A batch of meatballs found at a dog park in California is being tested for traces of poison.
Animal control officers collected eight meatballs Saturday from this trail at a Santa Rosa dog park. So far no injuries related to the suspicious snacks has been reported but the concern is still there.
San Francisco has a history with poisonous meatballs. Just in the last year, more than 30 were found in areas where pets were likely to find them. One dog even died after eating one.
And KUSA reports in June, a Colorado family received a letter with threats to kill their dog and then found three meatballs laced with rat poison in their yard.
More from AOL
Dog awaiting rescue watched over by manatee
Father discovers he's been visiting wrong grave for 7 years
Dog sings along with banjo