By RYAN GORMAN
Three people are dead after a disgruntled former employee opened fire in a UPS facility Tuesday morning in Alabama.
The 9:21 a.m. incident occurred when the unidentified suspect stormed the Birmingham warehouse wearing his UPS uniform, police said. He immediately killed two people and then himself, My Fox Alabama reported.
The gunman is a white male in his late 40s, police said. He had reportedly recently been terminated.
The identities of his two victims are not being released until their family members are notified.
Police arrived at the scene a short time later, but the gunman was already dead.
"When police officers entered the facility, they identified and located the three bodies, one of those is obviously the shooter, and it appeared he died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound," Birmingham Police Chief A.C. Roper said during a morning media briefing.
"We have a pretty good idea of what transpired inside the business," said Roper.
Both of his victims were current UPS employees.
"It is extremely troubling for the city, for the families involved. When they came to work today they had no idea it would be their last day alive on earth," Roper lamented, according to AL.com. "They were just people working at their jobs."
UPS released a statement confirming the shooting but has not further commented on the incident.
The sorting facility remains closed while investigators gather evidence.
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Your Best Refinance Rates for April 2021
- Thank You For Your Service: $0 Down Payment on VA Loans
- Calculate Your New Refi Payment in Minutes. See if You Can Save
- I bought 3 of Amazon’s most popular teddy pieces — here’s what I’m …
- Don’t miss the last chance to snag these 6 gorgeous sweaters for over …
- 80,000 Amazon ratings prove why people love these comfortable face mas…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!